Research has indicated that many people have admitted their shoes, which are frequently worn, do not fit correctly. This can produce unwanted foot conditions that include bunions, hammertoes, and general foot pain. It is important to determine the correct shoe size in order to select shoes that fit properly. This can be accomplished by having them professionally measured using a Brannock device, or measuring the feet yourself by tracing them on a piece of paper. This is done by placing your bare foot on a sheet of paper while sitting down, followed by tracing the length and width of your foot. After using a ruler to determine how long and wide your foot is, it can be compared to a chart that is comprised of different shoe sizes. If you would like additional information about how to properly measure your feet, it is suggested to counsel with a podiatrist.
Getting the right shoe size is an important part of proper foot health. Seek the assistance of one of our podiatrists from Carolina Foot & Ankle. Our doctors will provide the care you need to keep you pain-free and on your feet.
Getting the Right Shoe Size
There are many people who wear shoes that are the incorrect size, negatively affecting their feet and posture. Selecting the right shoes is not a difficult process, so long as you keep several things in mind when it comes to choosing the right pair.
- When visiting the shoe store, use the tools available to measure your foot.
- Be sure there is ‘wiggle room’. There should be about an inch between your toes and the tip of your shoes.
- Do not always assume you are the same size, as manufacturers run differently.
- Purchase shoes later in the day, as your feet swell as the day progresses.
- If a shoe is not comfortable, it is not suitable. Most shoes can’t be ‘broken in’, and comfort should be the ultimate goal when it comes to choosing the right pair of shoes
As our feet hold our body weight and keep us moving, it is important to treat them right. Picking the right pair of shoes can provide your feet comfort and mobility without pain.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of our offices located in Huntersville Office | 16419 Northcross Dr Suite A, Huntersville, NC 28078; Mooresvillle Office | 206 Joe Knox Avenue Suite D, Mooresville, NC 28117; and Mountain Island | 10310 Couloak Drive, Charlotte, NC 28216. We offer the newest diagnostic and treatment technologies for all your foot care needs.Read more about Getting the Right Shoe Size: To Keep Your Feet Happy